Open Positions at Home Grown Cow
Senior Web Developer for a limited term project
- Do you have expertise in web development, database design, SEO and online content management?
- Looking for a way to differentiate yourself from the masses by already having hot Internet Startup experience on your resume?
- Looking for a part-time job that gives you the benefit of real world experience?
- If so, this position may be for you.
Home Grown Cow is an online farmers' market. It is America's first national farmers' market exclusively for meat, poultry and cheese producers. We are looking for cutting-edge Web Development, Content Management and SEO expertise. This is idea for someone who already has clients as the work may be unpredictable.
- Web development of custom search engine and e-commerce site
- Familiarity and dexterity with Ruby on Rails and HAML
- Build new application capabilities including web service integration with Fed-Ex and other service providers
- Collaborate on and implement design requirements including site reconfigurations, content management, updates, changes and application development
- Help improve site SEO and content development
- approximately 10 week project if worked on for 10 hours/week, telecommuting plus 1 in-person or phone meeting
Metrics & Requirements
- Must have computer and Internet access, be accessible occasionally on a daily basis, and have the following competencies:
- Ruby on Rails
- Success will be measured by KPIs including Site Visits, Bounce Rate, Conversion and Order Volume.
- The position will technically report to the CTO located in San Francisco, and who will review tasks and performance. However it will effectively report to the CEO, located in the Madison Area.
The person selected for this position will be considered a part of the Home Grown Team for the duration of their tenure with us. This is a unique opportunity to acquire valuable experience in a start-up setting with a small team that loves what they do and is trying to make a difference in the world.